California - Emergency Operations Plans: Interagency Coordination: Stakeholders
California Education Code 32281 School Safety Plans
(2) The schoolsite council may delegate this responsibility to a school safety planning committee made up of the following members:
- (A) The principal or the principal’s designee.
- (B) One teacher who is a representative of the recognized certificated employee organization.
- (C) One parent whose child attends the school.
- (D) One classified employee who is a representative of the recognized classified employee organization.
- (E) Other members, if desired.
(3) The schoolsite council shall consult with a representative from a law enforcement agency in the writing and development of the comprehensive school safety plan.
(4) In the absence of a schoolsite council, the members specified in paragraph (2) shall serve as the school safety planning committee.
(c) Nothing in this article shall limit or take away the authority of school boards as guaranteed under this code.