Texas - Emergency Operations Plans: Interagency Coordination: Stakeholders
Texas Statutes Education Code 37.108 Multihazard Emergency Operations Plan; Safety and Security and Security Audit
(a) The plan must provide for:
- (1) district employee training in responding to an emergency;
- (2) if the plan applies to a school district, mandatory school drills and exercises to prepare district students and employees for responding to an emergency;
- (3) measures to ensure coordination with the Department of State Health Services and local emergency management agencies, law enforcement, health departments, and fire departments in the event of an emergency; and
- (4) the implementation of a safety and security audit as required by Subsection (b).
Texas Statutes Education Code 37.109 School Safety and Security Committee
(a) In accordance with guidelines established by the Texas School Safety Center, each school district shall establish a school safety and security committee.
(b) The committee shall:
(1) participate on behalf of the district in developing and implementing emergency plans consistent with the district multihazard emergency operations plan required by Section 37.108 (a) to ensure that the plans reflect specific campus, facility, or support services needs;
(2) provide the district with any campus, facility, or support services information required in connection with a safety and security audit required by Section 37.108(b), a safety and security audit report required by Section 37.108(c), or another report required to be submitted by the district to the Texas School Safety Center; and
(3) review each report required to be submitted by the district to the Texas School Safety Center to ensure that the report contains accurate and complete information regarding each campus, facility, or support service in accordance with criteria established by the center.