Arkansas - Emergency Operations Plans: Policy or Plan Requirements
2017 Arkansas Code 6-15-1303. Safe Schools Initiative Act
(a) A school district shall develop a school safety plan and provide annual training for all of its employees and students, to the extent practicable, in preventing and responding to acts of violence, terrorism, natural disaster, and other emergencies, including without limitation:
- (1) Tornado safety drills under § 6-10-121;
- (2) Emergency plans and panic button alert systems under § 6-15-1302; and
- (A) Annual active shooter drills and school safety assessments in collaboration with local law enforcement and emergency management personnel for all schools, including a school lockdown exercise with panic button alert system training.
- (B) The purpose of the training is to allow participants to:
- (i) Discuss simulated emergency situations in a low-stress environment;
- (ii) Clarify the roles and responsibilities of individuals and the logistics of handling an emergency on the school campus; and
- (iii) Identify areas in which the school safety plan should be modified.
- (1) On or before September 1, 2015, a school shall provide floor plans and pertinent emergency contact information to be used in connection with the panic button alert system through the statewide Smart911 system.
- (2) Public school administration shall update the information as necessary, including when substantial building modifications or changes are made.
- (3) Information provided under this subsection is not a public record and is not available for public inspection.