Maine - Emergency Operations Plans: Policy or Plan Requirements
Maine Revised Statutes Title 20-A Education Part 2 School Organization Chapter 101 General Provisions Subchapter 1 School Boards 1001. Duties of school boards
16. Comprehensive emergency management plan.
Each school board shall annually approve a comprehensive emergency management plan developed by the school unit administration working with school teachers and staff and local, county and state public safety officials, fire-fighting personnel, emergency management officials, mental health officials and law enforcement officials to identify and deal with all hazards and potential hazards that could reasonably be expected to affect a facility or unit under the authority of the school administrative unit. The approval of a comprehensive emergency management plan under this subsection is public information. The following information pertaining to a comprehensive emergency management plan is public information:
- A. A description of the scope and purpose of the comprehensive emergency management plan and the process used for developing and updating the plan;
- B. General information on auditing for safety and preparedness;
- C. Roles and responsibilities of school administrators, teachers and staff and the designated chain of command during an emergency; and
- D. Strategies for conveying information to parents and the general public during an emergency.
Except as provided in paragraphs A to D, release of the contents of a comprehensive emergency management plan approved under this subsection is subject to the limitations set forth in Title 1, section 402, subsection 3, paragraph L.