Florida - Multi-hazard Practice Drills: Program Requirements
Florida Statutes 1006.07 District school board duties relating to student discipline and school safety.
(4) EMERGENCY DRILLS; EMERGENCY PROCEDURES.—
- (a) Formulate and prescribe policies and procedures for emergency drills and for actual emergencies, including, but not limited to, fires, natural disasters, and bomb threats, for all the public schools of the district which comprise grades K-12. District school board policies shall include commonly used alarm system responses for specific types of emergencies and verification by each school that drills have been provided as required by law and fire protection codes. The emergency response agency that is responsible for notifying the school district for each type of emergency must be listed in the district's emergency response policy.
Establish model emergency management and emergency preparedness procedures, including emergency notification procedures pursuant to paragraph (a), for the following life-threatening emergencies:
- Weapon-use and hostage situations.
- Hazardous materials or toxic chemical spills.
- Weather emergencies, including hurricanes, tornadoes, and severe storms.
- Exposure as a result of a manmade emergency.