Missouri - Multi-hazard Practice Drills: Program Requirements
Missouri Revised Statutes 170.315 Active shooter and intruder response training for schools program established, purpose - mandatory drill to be conducted
3. All school personnel shall participate in a simulated active shooter and intruder response drill conducted and led by law enforcement professionals. Each drill may include an explanation of its purpose and a safety briefing. The training shall require each participant to know and understand how to respond in the event of an actual emergency on school property or at a school event. The drill may include:
(1) Allowing school personnel to respond to the simulated emergency in whatever way they have been trained or informed; and
(2) Allowing school personnel to attempt and implement new methods of responding to the simulated emergency based upon previously used unsuccessful methods of response.
4. All instructors for the program shall be certified by the department of public safety’s peace officers standards training commission.
5. School districts and charter schools may consult and collaborate with law enforcement authorities, emergency response agencies, and other organizations and entities trained to deal with active shooters or potentially dangerous or armed intruders.