Missouri - Tobacco-Free Environments: Policy or Plan Requirements
Missouri Code of State Regulations 5 20-200.260 Academic Standards
(G) Health/Physical Education. In health/physical education, students in Missouri public schools will acquire a solid foundation which includes knowledge of--
- Structures of, functions of, and relationships among human body systems;
- Principles and practices of physical and mental health (such as personal health habits, nutrition, stress management);
- Diseases and methods for prevention, treatment and control;
- Principles of movement and physical fitness;
- Methods used to assess health, reduce risk factors, and avoid high risk behaviors (such as violence, tobacco, alcohol and other drug use);
- Consumer health issues (such as the effects of mass media and technology on safety and health); and
- Responses to emergency situations.
Missouri Revised Statutes 191.775 Public school buses, smoking or tobacco use prohibited, penalty, permissible use of tobacco
No person shall smoke or otherwise use tobacco or tobacco products in any indoor area of a public elementary or secondary school building or educational facility, excluding institutions of higher education, or on buses used solely to transport students to or from school or to transport students to or from any place for educational purposes. Any school board of any school district may set policy on the permissible uses of tobacco products in any other nonclassroom or nonstudent occupant facility, and on the school grounds or outdoor facility areas as the school board deems proper. Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of an infraction.
Source: Missouri General Assembly