New Hampshire - Tobacco-Free Environments: Policy or Plan Requirements
New Hampshire Revised Statutes 155:70 Signs.
Signs shall be appropriately placed in all buildings and facilities regulated under this subdivision. Such signs shall state the smoking restrictions applicable to the building or facility, in accordance with RSA 155:68.
New Hampshire Revised Statutes 155:66 Smoking Prohibited.
I. Except as provided in RSA 155:67 and notwithstanding any law to the contrary, smoking is prohibited in:
- (a) Public educational facilities at any time, and in child care agencies licensed under RSA 170-E during the hours of operation, except foster family homes and foster family group homes.
- (b) Hospitals and other acute care facilities.
- (c) Grocery stores by customers.
- (d) Elevators, tramways, gondolas, and other such public conveyances.
- (e) Public conveyances.
- (f) Restaurants.
- (g) Cocktail lounges.
- (h) Enclosed places owned and operated by social, fraternal, or religious organizations when open to the general public. Purposes for which such places may be open to the general public may include, but not be limited to, public meetings, voting, suppers, bingo games, theatrical events, fairs, and bazaars.
II. Smoking may be permitted in enclosed places of public access and publicly-owned buildings and offices, including workplaces, other than those listed in paragraph I, in effectively segregated smoking-permitted areas designated by the person in charge. Smoking shall be totally prohibited in any such enclosed place, if smoking cannot be effectively segregated. The person in charge may declare any facility non-smoking in its entirety.