Maine - Bullying Policy Definitions: Policy or Plan Requirements
Maine Revised Statutes Title 20-A Education Part 3 Elementary and Secondary Education Chapter 223 Health, Nutrition and Safety Subchapter 6 Safety 6554. Prohibition on bullying in public schools
2. Definitions. As used in this section, unless the context otherwise indicates, the following terms have the following meanings.
- B. ...“Bullying” includes cyberbullying.
- C. “Cyberbullying” means bullying through the use of technology or any electronic communication, including, but not limited to, a transfer of signs, signals, writing, images, sounds, data or intelligence of any nature transmitted by the use of any electronic device, including, but not limited to, a computer, telephone, cellular telephone, text messaging device and personal digital assistant.
- D. “Retaliation” means an act or gesture against a student for asserting or alleging an act of bullying. “Retaliation” also includes reporting that is not made in good faith on an act of bullying.
- E. “School grounds” means a school building; property on which a school building or facility is located; and property that is owned, leased or used by a school for a school-sponsored activity, function, program, instruction or training. “School grounds” also includes school-related transportation vehicles.