Nevada - Bullying Policy Definitions: Policy or Plan Requirements
Policy Or Plan Requirements
Nevada Revised Statutes 388.122. “Bullying” defined.
- “Bullying” means written, verbal or electronic expressions or physical acts or gestures, or any combination thereof, that are directed at a person or group of persons, or a single severe and willful act or expression that is directed at a person or group of persons, and:
- (a) Have the effect of:
- (1) Physically harming a person or damaging the property of a person; or
- (2) Placing a person in reasonable fear of physical harm to the person or damage to the property of the person;
- (b) Interfere with the rights of a person by:
- (1) Creating an intimidating or hostile educational environment for the person; or
- (2) Substantially interfering with the academic performance of a pupil or the ability of the person to participate in or benefit from services, activities or privileges provided by a school; or
- (c) Are acts or conduct described in paragraph (a) or (b) and are based upon the:
- (1) Actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability of a person, sex or any other distinguishing characteristic or background of a person; or
- (2) Association of a person with another person having one or more of those actual or perceived characteristics.