New Hampshire - Bullying Policy Definitions: Policy or Plan Requirements
New Hampshire Revised Statute 193-F:3 Definitions.
In this chapter:
I. (a) “Bullying” means a single significant incident or a pattern of incidents involving a written, verbal, or electronic communication, or a physical act or gesture, or any combination thereof, directed at another pupil which:
- (1) Physically harms a pupil or damages the pupil’s property;
- (2) Causes emotional distress to a pupil;
- (3) Interferes with a pupil’s educational opportunities;
- (4) Creates a hostile educational environment; or
- (5) Substantially disrupts the orderly operation of the school.
(b) “Bullying” shall include actions motivated by an imbalance of power based on a pupil’s actual or perceived personal characteristics, behaviors, or beliefs, or motivated by the pupil’s association with another person and based on the other person’s characteristics, behaviors, or beliefs.
II. “Cyberbullying” means conduct defined in paragraph I of this section undertaken through the use of electronic devices.
III. “Electronic devices” include, but are not limited to, telephones, cellular phones, computers, pagers, electronic mail, instant messaging, text messaging, and websites.
IV. “Perpetrator” means a pupil who engages in bullying or cyberbullying.