Oregon - Bullying Policy Definitions: Policy or Plan Requirements
Oregon Revised Statutes 339.351 Definitions for ORS 339.351 to 339.364.
As used in ORS 339.351 to 339.364:
(1)“Cyberbullying” means the use of any electronic communication device to harass, intimidate or bully.
(2)“Harassment, intimidation or bullying” means any act that:
- (a) Substantially interferes with a student’s educational benefits, opportunities or performance;
- (b) Takes place on or immediately adjacent to school grounds, at any school-sponsored activity, on school-provided transportation or at any official school bus stop;
- (c) Has the effect of:
- (A) Physically harming a student or damaging a student’s property;
- (B) Knowingly placing a student in reasonable fear of physical harm to the student or damage to the student’s property; or
- (C) Creating a hostile educational environment, including interfering with the psychological well-being of a student; and
- (d) May be based on, but not be limited to, the protected class status of a person.
(3) “Protected class” means a group of persons distinguished, or perceived to be distinguished, by race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, familial status, source of income or disability.