North Carolina - Bullying Policy Reporting and Investigations: Policy or Plan Requirements
North Carolina General Statutes 115C-407.16. Policy against bullying or harassing behavior.
(a) Before December 31, 2009, each local school administrative unit shall adopt a policy prohibiting bullying or harassing behavior.
(b) The policy shall contain, at a minimum, the following components:
- (1) A statement prohibiting bullying or harassing behavior.
- (2) A definition of bullying or harassing behavior no less inclusive than that set forth in this Article.
- (3) A description of the type of behavior expected for each student and school employee.
- (4) Consequences and appropriate remedial action for a person who commits an act of bullying or harassment.
- (5) A procedure for reporting an act of bullying or harassment, including a provision that permits a person to report such an act anonymously. This shall not be construed to permit formal disciplinary action solely on the basis of an anonymous report.
- (6) A procedure for prompt investigation of reports of serious violations and complaints of any act of bullying or harassment, identifying either the principal or the principal's designee as the person responsible for the investigation.