Wisconsin - Bullying Policy Reporting and Investigations: Policy or Plan Requirements
Policy Or Plan Requirements
Wisconsin Statutes 118.46 Policy on bullying
(1) By March 1, 2010, the department shall do all of the following:
- (a) Develop a model school policy on bullying by pupils. The policy shall include all of the following:
- 1. A definition of bullying.
- 2. A prohibition on bullying.
- 3. A procedure for reporting bullying that allows reports to be made confidentially.
- 4. A prohibition against a pupil retaliating against another pupil for reporting an incident of bullying.
- 5. A procedure for investigating reports of bullying. The procedure shall identify the school district employee in each school who is responsible for conducting the investigation and require that the parent or guardian of each pupil involved in a bullying incident be notified.
- 6. A requirement that school district officials and employees report incidents of bullying and identify the persons to whom the reports must be made.