Florida - Bullying Policy Scope: Policy or Plan Requirements
Policy Or Plan Requirements
Florida Statutes 1006.147 Bullying and harassment prohibited.
(2) Bullying or harassment of any student or employee of a public K-12 educational institution is prohibited:
- (a) During any education program or activity conducted by a public K-12 educational institution;
- (b) During any school-related or school-sponsored program or activity or on a school bus of a public K-12 educational institution;
- (c) Through the use of data or computer software that is accessed through a computer, computer system, or computer network within the scope of a public K-12 educational institution; or
- (d) Through the use of data or computer software that is accessed at a nonschool-related location, activity, function, or program or through the use of technology or an electronic device that is not owned, leased, or used by a school district or school, if the bullying substantially interferes with or limits the victim’s ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, or opportunities offered by a school or substantially disrupts the education process or orderly operation of a school. This paragraph does not require a school to staff or monitor any nonschool-related activity, function, or program.