Washington - Bullying Protections for Enumerated Groups: Program Requirement
Revised Code of Washington 28A.300.285 Harassment, intimidation, and bullying prevention policies and procedures—Model policy and procedure—Training materials—Posting on web site—Rules—Advisory committee.
(2) “Harassment, intimidation, or bullying” means any intentional electronic, written, verbal, or physical act, including but not limited to one shown to be motivated by any characteristic in RCW 9A.36.080(3), or other distinguishing characteristics, when the intentional electronic, written, verbal, or physical act:
- (a) Physically harms a student or damages the student’s property; or
- (b) Has the effect of substantially interfering with a student’s education; or
- (c) Is so severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment; or
- (d) Has the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school.
Nothing in this section requires the affected student to actually possess a characteristic that is a basis for the harassment, intimidation, or bullying.