Indiana - Communication of Bullying Policy: Policy or Plan Requirements
Indiana Code 20-33-8-12 Adoption of discipline rules; publicity requirement; discipline policy regulations and guidelines; delegation of authority; rulemaking powers of governing body
(a) Except as provided under IC 20-33-8-16, the governing body of a school corporation must do the following:
- (1) Establish written discipline rules, which must include a graduated system of discipline and may include:
- (A) appropriate dress codes; and
- (B) if applicable, an agreement for court assisted resolution of school suspension and expulsion cases;
for the school corporation.
- (2) Give general publicity to the discipline rules within a school where the discipline rules apply by actions such as:
- (A) making a copy of the discipline rules available to students and students’ parents; or
- (B) delivering a copy of the discipline rules to students or the parents of students.
This publicity requirement may not be construed technically and is satisfied if the school corporation makes a good faith effort to disseminate to students or parents generally the text or substance of a discipline rule.