Rhode Island - Communication of Bullying Policy: Policy or Plan Requirements
Rhode Island General Laws § 16-21-34. Statewide bullying policy implemented.
(a) The Rhode Island department of education shall prescribe by regulation a statewide bullying policy, ensuring a consistent and unified, statewide approach to the prohibition of bullying at school. The statewide policy shall apply to all schools that are approved for the purpose of § 16-9-1 and shall contain the following:
- (12) Provisions for informing parents and guardians about the bullying policy of the school district or school shall include, but not be limited to:
- (i) A link to the policy prominently posted on the home page of the school district's website and distributed annually to parents and guardians of students;
- (ii) A provision for notification, within twenty-four (24) hours, of the incident report, to the parents or guardians of the victim of bullying and parents or guardians of the alleged perpetrator of the bullying;
Safe School Act- Statewide Bullying Policy 200-RICR-30-10-2
2.5 Information dissemination
A. The school principal, director or head of school shall ensure that students, staff, volunteers, and parents/legal guardians are provided information regarding this Policy. This information shall include methods of discouraging and preventing this type of behavior, the procedure to file a complaint, and the disciplinary action that may be taken against those who commit acts in violation of this policy.
B. This policy shall be:
- Distributed annually to students, staff, volunteers, and parents/legal guardians
- Included in student codes of conduct, disciplinary policies, and student handbooks
- A prominently posted link on the home page of the school/district website