Arkansas - Equitable Discipline Practices: Program Requirements
2017 Arkansas Code 6-18-516. Effective school discipline -- Definition
(a) As used in this section, "exclusionary disciplinary actions" means out-of-school suspension and expulsion.
(b) (1) Annually, the Department of Education shall report at the school, school district, and state level the following data concerning exclusionary disciplinary actions, in-school suspensions, and corporal punishment:
- (A) Number per one hundred (100) students for the entire population;
- (B) Number per one hundred (100) students for any racial or ethnic subgroup required for accountability by the Every Student Succeeds Act, Pub. L. No. 114-95;
- (C) Number per one hundred (100) students for economically disadvantaged students; and
(D) Number per one hundred (100) students for students with disabilities identified under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 20 U.S.C. § 1400 et seq.
- (2) The department shall report exclusionary disciplinary actions by both:
- (A) Combining out-of-school suspensions and expulsions; and
- (B) Separately listing out-of-school suspensions and expulsions.
(c) The department shall report the data required in subsection (b) of this section:
- (1) On the website of the department to the extent that publication is consistent with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. § 1232g; and
- (2) In a manner that reflects historical trends and allows for the comparison of schools and school districts.