Indiana - Gang Prevention: Programs and Services
Indiana Code 20-26-18-2 Establishment of written policy
(a) Not later than June 1, 2016, the governing body of each school corporation shall establish a written policy to address criminal organizations and criminal organization activity in schools. The governing body of a school corporation shall develop the policy in consultation with:
- (1) parents;
- (2) school employees;
- (3) local law enforcement officials;
- (4) the county prosecuting attorney;
- (5) the county public defender;
- (6) organizations that have expertise in criminal organization education, prevention, or intervention;
- (7) a juvenile court judge;
- (8) a school behavioral health or community mental health professional; and
- (9) any other person or entity the governing body of the school corporation determines to be appropriate.
(b) The policy must meet all the requirements for the department’s model criminal organization policy set forth in IC 20-19-3-12(d).
(c) Not later than September 1, 2016, each school corporation shall submit a copy of its criminal organization policy to the department.