Nevada - Gang Prevention: Programs and Services
Nevada Revised Statutes 392.4635. Policy for prohibition of activities of criminal gangs on school property.
The board of trustees of each school district shall establish a policy that prohibits the activities of criminal gangs on school property.
The policy established pursuant to subsection 1 may include, without limitation:
- (a) The provision of training for the prevention of the activities of criminal gangs on school property.
- (b) If the policy includes training:
- (1) A designation of the grade levels of the pupils who must receive the training.
- (2) A designation of the personnel who must receive the training, including, without limitation, personnel who are employed in schools at the grade levels designated pursuant to subparagraph (1).
The board of trustees of each school district shall ensure that the training is provided to the pupils and personnel designated in the policy.
- (c) Provisions which prohibit:
- (1) A pupil from wearing any clothing or carrying any symbol on school property that denotes membership in or an affiliation with a criminal gang; and
- (2) Any activity that encourages participation in a criminal gang or facilitates illegal acts of a criminal gang.
- (d) Provisions which provide for the suspension or expulsion of pupils who violate the policy.
Nevada Revised Statutes 388.532. Development of programs.
- The State Board in cooperation with the board of trustees of the various county school districts may seek the cooperation of private industry in developing for pupils in all grades programs and activities designed to reduce the number of pupils who participate in the activities of criminal gangs, as defined in NRS 213.1263.