New York - Gang Prevention: Programs and Services
New York Codes, Rules and Regulations 100.2 General school requirements.
(gg) (4) Content of report. Each individual violent or disruptive incident report shall be in a form prescribed by the commissioner and shall contain the following information concerning each violent or disruptive incident that occurred in the prior school year:
- (i) the number and types of offenders, identified as student, teacher, school safety officer, other school staff, student intruder, visitor, unknown or other;
- (ii) if any offender is a student, the age and grade of the student;
- (iii) the location at which the incident occurred, including:
- (a) the school building in which the incident occurred or whose real property boundary line includes the athletic playing field, playground, parking lot or land on which the incident occurred, and whether the incident occurred in a classroom, laboratory, hall, staircase, gymnasium, locker room or pool, cafeteria, bathroom, auditorium, playground or athletic field or otherwise on school grounds; or
- (b) where applicable, that the incident occurred on a school bus; or
- (c) where applicable, that the incident occurred at a school function conducted off school grounds.
- (iv) the types of incident, identified by category listed in clauses (1)(vi)(a) through (i) of this subdivision;
- (v) whether the incident occurred during or outside of regular school hours;
- (vi) where the incident involves a weapon, whether the weapon was a firearm, knife or other weapon;
- (vii) whether the incident was bias-related, drug-related, or gang or group-related;
- (viii) the actions taken by the school in response to the incident, including when the incident was reported to police or other law enforcement officials and whether disciplinary action was taken against the offenders;