Wisconsin - Hazing Policy: Policy or Plan Requirements
Wisconsin Statutes 948.51 Hazing.
(1) In this section “forced activity” means any activity which is a condition of initiation or admission into or affiliation with an organization, regardless of a student’s willingness to participate in the activity.
(2) No person may intentionally or recklessly engage in acts which endanger the physical health or safety of a student for the purpose of initiation or admission into or affiliation with any organization operating in connection with a school, college or university. Under those circumstances, prohibited acts may include any brutality of a physical nature, such as whipping, beating, branding, forced consumption of any food, liquor, drug or other substance, forced confinement or any other forced activity which endangers the physical health or safety of the student.
(3) Whoever violates sub. (2) is guilty of:
- (a) A Class A misdemeanor if the act results in or is likely to result in bodily harm to another.
- (b) A Class H felony if the act results in great bodily harm to another.
- (c) A Class G felony if the act results in the death of another.