West Virginia - Mental Health Supports for Students Involved in Bullying Incidents: Programs and Services
West Virginia Code 18-2C-3. Policy prohibiting harassment, intimidation or bullying.
(a) Each county board shall establish a policy prohibiting harassment, intimidation or bullying. Each county board has control over the content of its policy as long as the policy contains, at a minimum, the requirements of subdivision (b) of this section. The policy shall be adopted through a process that includes representation of parents or guardians, school employees, school volunteers, students and community members.
(b) Each county board policy shall, at a minimum, include the following components:
- (1) A statement prohibiting harassment, intimidation or bullying of any student on school property, a school bus, at a school bus stop or at school sponsored events;
- (2) A definition of harassment, intimidation or bullying no less inclusive than that in section two [§18-2C-2] of this article;
- (3) A procedure for reporting prohibited incidents;
- (4) A requirement that school personnel report prohibited incidents of which they are aware;
- (5) A requirement that parents or guardians of any student involved in an incident prohibited pursuant to this article be notified;
- (6) A procedure for documenting any prohibited incident that is reported;
- (7) A procedure for responding to and investigating any reported incident;
- (8) A strategy for protecting a victim from additional harassment, intimidation or bullying, and from retaliation following a report;