Alaska - Multi-tiered Positive Behavior Supports: Programs and Services (S/D)
Programs And Services
Alaska Statutes 2017 Section 14.33.127 Crisis intervention training.
(a) The department shall approve crisis intervention training programs for schools, which shall include training in
- (1) evidence-based techniques that have been shown to be effective in the prevention of restraint and seclusion of students;
- (2) evidence-based techniques shown to be effective in keeping school personnel and students safe when imposing physical restraint or seclusion of students;
- (3) evidence-based skills related to positive behavior supports, conflict prevention, understanding antecedents, de-escalation, and conflict management;
- (4) first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation; and
- (5) applicable policies and procedures.
(b) The governing body of a school shall ensure that a sufficient number of school employees receives periodic training in an approved crisis intervention program to meet the needs of the school population.