California - Multi-tiered Positive Behavior Supports: Programs and Services (S/D)
California Education Code 32282.1 School Safety Plans
(a) As comprehensive school safety plans are reviewed and updated, the Legislature encourages all plans, to the extent that resources are available, to include clear guidelines for the roles and responsibilities of mental health professionals, community intervention professionals, school counselors, school resource officers, and police officers on school campuses, if the school district uses these people.
(b) The guidelines developed pursuant to subdivision (a) are encouraged to include both of the following:
- (1) Primary strategies to create and maintain a positive school climate, promote school safety, and increase pupil achievement, and prioritize mental health and intervention services, restorative and transformative justice programs, and positive behavior interventions and support.
- (2) Consistent with paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 32282, protocols to address the mental health care of pupils who have witnessed a violent act at any time, including, but not limited to, any of the following:
- (A) While on school grounds.
- (B) While going to or coming from school.
- (C) During a lunch period whether on or off campus.
- (D) During, or while going to or coming from, a school-sponsored activity.