Arkansas - Professional Development for Bullying Prevention: Staff Qualifications and Professional Development
Arkansas Administrative Rules 005.15.15-005 Rules Governing Professional Development
8.00 Professional Development Criteria
- 8.01 All approved professional development shall be aligned to the standards developed by the State Board of Education.
- 8.02 Approved professional development activities shall relate to the following Focus Areas:
- 8.02.1 Content (K-12);
- 8.02.2 Instructional strategies;
- 8.02.3 Assessment/data-driven decision making;
- 8.02.4 Advocacy/leadership/fiscal management;
- 8.02.5 Systemic change process;
- 8.02.6 Standards, frameworks, and curriculum alignment;
- 8.02.7 Supervision;
- 8.02.8 Mentoring/peer coaching;
- 8.02.9 Next generation learning/integrated technology;
- 8.02.10 Principles of learning/developmental stages/diverse learners;
- 8.02.11 Cognitive research;
- 8.02.12 Parent involvement/academic planning and scholarship;
- 8.02.13 Collaborative learning community;
- 8.02.14 Student health and wellness, which may include but is not limited to:
- 8.02.14.1 Antibullying policies;
2017 Arkansas Code 6-18-514. Antibullying policies
(f) A school district shall provide training on compliance with the antibullying policies to all public school district employees responsible for reporting or investigating bullying under this section.
(g) A school employee who has reported violations under the school district's policy shall be immune from any tort liability that may arise from the failure to remedy the reported incident.
(h) The board of directors of a school district may provide opportunities for school employees to participate in programs or other activities designed to develop the knowledge and skills to prevent and respond to acts covered by this policy.
Arkansas General Assembly