Pennsylvania - Professional Development for Bullying Prevention: Staff Qualifications and Professional Development
Pennsylvania Unconsolidated Statutes 2018 Act 44. Article XIII-B. School Safety and Security. Section 1310-B. School safety and security training.
[Coding note: State law was enacted in 2018; does not contribute to coding.]
School entities shall provide their employees with mandatory training on school safety and security subject to the following:
(1) Training shall address the following:
- (i) Situational awareness.
- (ii) Trauma-informed education awareness.
- (iii) Behavioral health awareness.
- (iv) Suicide and bullying awareness.
- (v) Substance use awareness.
- (vi) Emergency training drills, including fire, natural disaster, active shooter, hostage situation and bomb threat.
(2) Training may be provided through the Internet or other distance communication systems.
(3) Employees shall complete a minimum of three hours of training every five years.
(4) Employees required to undergo continuing professional education under section 1205.2 shall receive credit toward their continuing professional education requirements if the training program has been approved by the department in consultation with the committee.