Tennessee - Reengagement Plans for Suspended or Expelled Students: Policy or Plan Requirements
2017 Tennessee Code Annotated 49-6-3401. Suspension of students -- Expulsion of students -- Exception for self-defense.
(2) Upon suspension of any student other than for in-school suspension of one (1) day or less, the principal shall, within twenty-four (24) hours, notify the parent or guardian and the director of schools or the director of schools' designee of:
- (A) The suspension, which shall be for a period of no more than ten (10) days;
- (B) The cause for the suspension; and
- (C) The conditions for readmission, which may include, at the request of either party, a meeting of the parent or guardian, student and principal.
(3) If the suspension is for more than five (5) days, the principal shall develop and implement a plan for improving the behavior, which shall be made available for review by the director of schools upon request.