State law requires elementary HE curriculum.
Indiana Academic Standard for Health & Wellness 2017
In 2017, a team of professionals comprised of Indiana educators, post-secondary professors and community partners, collaborated to develop the latest edition of the Indiana Academic Standard for Health & Wellness Education.
Indiana Administrative Code 511 6.1-5-2.6 Elementary curriculum
(b) The elementary curriculum develops students' knowledge and skills based on the academic Standard in the following:
- (1) English language arts.
- (2) Mathematics.
- (3) Social studies and citizenship.
- (4) Science.
- (5) Visual arts and music.
- (6) Health and wellness.
- (7) Physical education, adapted as necessary.
Indiana Code 20-30-5-7. Curriculum; ethnic and racial groups course
Sec. 7. (a) Each school corporation shall include in the school corporation's curriculum the following studies:
- (6) Health education, physical fitness, safety, and the effects of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and other substances on the human body.