State law requires state agencies to develop models and guidance for districts to support implementation of counseling, psychological, and social services.
Arkansas Code 6-18-2005. Monitoring and support.
(a) Each public school district is responsible for posting its annual comprehensive school counseling plan on the district website under “State-Required Information”. (b)
- (1) Beginning with the 2020-2021 school year, the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education shall monitor each public school district to ensure implementation and compliance with this subchapter.
- (2) Failure by a public school district to comply with this subchapter is a violation of the Standard for Accreditation of Arkansas Public Schools and School Districts. (c) The division shall:
- (1) Employ at least one (1) individual who is certified as a school counselor;
- (2) Provide a multilevel system of support to public school districts to assist in complying with the requirements of this subchapter; and
- (3) Provide guidance and technical assistance to public school districts in order to support equitable access to public school counseling services.