State law addresses stress management.
Louisiana Revised Statutes 17:7. Duties functions and responsibilities of board
(29) Develop, adopt, and promulgate rules and regulations in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act which provide for the following relative to the physical abuse of teachers and other school employees by students in city, parish, and other local public schools:
- (a) Requiring school governing authorities to keep an accurate record of each incident of physical abuse by a student that is reported by a teacher or other school employee.
- (b) Requiring school governing authorities to provide appropriate equipment to protect teachers and other school employees from physical abuse by students.
- (c) Providing support services to teachers and other school employees which afford them the opportunity to discuss the effects of stress caused by physical abuse by students and to identify ways to alleviate such stress.
- (d) Giving any teacher or other school employee who has been a victim of physical abuse by a student, or students, the opportunity to seek another position for which he is certified within the same parish and in which he will not have contact with the student or students, provided there is another position available.