State law addresses violence prevention
Wyoming Statutes 21-9-104. Child sexual abuse prevention instruction.
(a) A school district may include child sexual abuse prevention instruction in a health and safety program required under W.S. 21-9-101(b)(i)(G). A school district may provide instruction under this subsection in any appropriate manner, which may include age appropriate, evidence based instruction on:
- (i) Recognizing sexual abuse and assault;
- (ii) Personal boundary violations;
- (iii) Ways in which a sexual offender may groom or desensitize a victim;
- (iv) Strategies relating to:
- (A) Disclosure of child sexual abuse;
- (B) Reducing self blame;
- (C) Mobilizing bystanders to respond to child sexual abuse.