State law addresses state-level technical assistance.
CHILD NUTRITION MANUAL: COMPLIANCE
Manual addresses providing technical assistance to school districts to aid in implementation of USDA or state-adopted nutrition Standard.
Oklahoma Statutes 70-24-100b Health and wellness information and assistance for schools - Assessment and monitoring of programs.
A. In order to assist the Healthy and Fit School Advisory Committees created pursuant to Section 24-100a of Title 70 of the Oklahoma Statutes, the State Department of Education in consultation with the State Department of Health shall make available to schools information and technical assistance for use in:
- Establishing healthy school nutrition environments;
- Reducing childhood obesity;
- Development of quality physical education and activity programs;
- Prevention of diet-related chronic diseases; and
- Establishing, implementing, and evaluating school wellness policies.