State law addresses state-level technical assistance.
Montana Code Annotated 20-10-201. Acceptance expenditure and administration of federal school food services money.
(3) The superintendent of public instruction may:
- (a) enter into agreements and cooperate with any federal agency, district, or other agency or person, prescribe regulations, employ personnel, and take any other action that the superintendent of public instruction may consider necessary to:
- (i) provide for the establishment, operation, and expansion of school food services; and
- (ii) disburse federal and state funds according to the requirements of federal and state law;
- (b) give technical advice and assistance to any district establishing or operating school food services and assist in the training of personnel for the services;