State law addresses National Physical Education Standards as a guide for providing PE or includes a list of all National PE standards without mentioning the standards by name.
Arizona Standard for K-12 Physical Education
- Standard 1. The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Standard 2. The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Standard 3. The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Standard 4. The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Standard 5. The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.