State law addresses National Physical Education Standards as a guide for providing PE or includes a list of all National PE standards without mentioning the standards by name.
Administrative Rules of Montana 10.53.710 Content Standard for Physical Education
(1) The content Standard for physical education are that students:
- (a) demonstrate competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns;
- (b) apply knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics related to movement and performance;
- (c) demonstrate the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness;
- (d) exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others;
- (e) recognize the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, self-expression, and/or social interaction