State law allows PE exemptions for medical illness.
3 V.I.C. _ 321
(a)The Commission shall promote its recognition that it is a fundamental objective of the Virgin Islands Education System to nurture an enquiring mind in a fit body and the future emergence of sports elite will depend on the development of a structured approach to sports in the primary, secondary and university levels of education. The Virgin Islands National Sports Policy must therefore seek to ensure that:
- (1)Sports are included as an integral part of the school curriculum and that a teaching manual be designed for physical education in schools, public and private;
- (2)Sports are promoted as a viable career opportunity;
- (3)All schools establish a structured sporting program which incorporates every student unless medically certified;
- (4)Physical education is taught at all levels of the education system; and
- (5)Every physical education teacher is duly certified.