Minnesota - HE K-12 curriculum—comprehensive sexual HE (ES): Curricula
2018 Minnesota Statutes. 121A.23 PRograms to Prevent and Reduce the Risks of Sexually Transmitted Infections and Diseases.
Subdivision 1. Sexually transmitted infections and diseases program. The commissioner of education, in consultation with the commissioner of health, shall assist districts in developing and implementing a program to prevent and reduce the risk of sexually transmitted infections and diseases, including but not exclusive to human immune deficiency virus and human papilloma virus. Each district must have a program that includes at least:
(1) planning materials, guidelines, and other technically accurate and updated information;
(2) a comprehensive, technically accurate, and updated curriculum that includes helping students to abstain from sexual activity until marriage;
(3) cooperation and coordination among districts and SCs;
(4) a targeting of adolescents, especially those who may be at high risk of contracting sexually transmitted infections and diseases, for prevention efforts;
(5) involvement of parents and other community members;
(6) in-service training for appropriate district staff and school board members;
(7) collaboration with state agencies and organizations having a sexually transmitted infection and disease prevention or sexually transmitted infection and disease risk reduction program;
(8) collaboration with local community health services, agencies and organizations having a sexually transmitted infection and disease prevention or sexually transmitted infection and disease risk reduction program; and
(9) participation by state and local student organizations.