State law addresses alcohol and Drug-use/abuse.
Ohio Revised Code 3313.60 Prescribed curriculum.
(A) The board of education of each city, exempted village, and local school district and the board of each cooperative education school district established, pursuant to section 3311.521 of the Revised Code, shall prescribe a curriculum for all schools under its control. Except as provided in division (E) of this section, in any such curriculum there shall be included the study of the following subjects:
- (1) The language arts, including reading, writing, spelling, oral and written English, and literature;
- (2) Geography, the history of the United States and of Ohio, and national, state, and local government in the United States, including a balanced presentation of the relevant contributions to society of men and women of African, Mexican, Puerto Rican, and American Indian descent as well as other ethnic and racial groups in Ohio and the United States;
- (3) Mathematics;
- (4) Natural science, including instruction in the conservation of natural resources;
- (5) Health education, which shall include instruction in:
- (a) The nutritive value of foods, including natural and organically produced foods, the relation of nutrition to health, and the use and effects of food additives;
- (b) The harmful effects of and legal restrictions against the use of drugs of abuse, alcoholic beverages, and tobacco;