State law allows waivers for religious or moral reasons.
4 Alaska Administrative Code 06.055. Immunizations required
(b) This section does not apply if the child
- (1) has a valid immunization certificate consisting of
- (A) a statement by a physician listing the date that each required immunization was given; or
- (B) a copy of a clinic or health center record listing the date that each required immunization was given;
- (2) has a statement signed by a doctor of medicine (M.D.), doctor of osteopathy (D.O.), physician assistant, or advanced nurse practitioner licensed to practice in this state, stating that immunizations would, in that individual's professional opinion, be injurious to the health of the child or members of the child's family or household; or
- (3) has an affidavit signed by his parent or guardian affirming that immunization conflicts with the tenets and practices of the church or religious denomination of which the applicant is a member.
CHILD CARE & SCHOOL IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
This document addresses vaccination exemptions.