State law allows PE waiver.
Louisiana Administrative Code 28 CXV 344. Red Tape Reduction Waiver and Local Empowerment Program
a. A waiver allows a public school to be exempt from one or more provisions of title 17 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, or any rules, regulations or policies of the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) that are applicable to public schools, school officers or school employees. A waiver may be granted to exempt a school from laws, rules, and/or policies that affect such activities as, but are not limited to, instructional time, curriculum, funding, personnel, student-to-personnel ratios, and student support.
b. Waivers from the following shall not be granted pursuant to this Chapter:
- i. provisions governing school nutrition programs (R.S. 17:191 et seq.);
- ii. providing free transportation to any student attending a public school (R.S. 17:158);
- iii. providing alternative educational programs for any student suspended or expelled from school (R.S. 17:416.2);
- iv. evaluation of teachers or administrators pursuant to R.S. 17:3902;
- v. the exemptions authorized for Charter Schools pursuant to R.S. 17:3996; or
- vi. any limitations or restrictions on outsourcing food, clerical, custodial or paraprofessional services.