State law authorizes the placement of local law enforcement or security personnel on school campuses through MOUs or partnership agreements.
Model Memorandum of Understanding for School Resources Officer Program
This document provides a model memorandum of understanding for establishing a school resource officer program.
Wisconsin Administrative Code PI 23.05 Persistently dangerous schools.
(4) A school board that has received a notice under sub. (1) shall do all of the following:
- (a) Within 10 working days of receiving the notice under sub. (1), notify in writing the parents or guardians of the pupils attending the school that it has been identified as persistently dangerous. The notice shall include an offer to pupils attending the school to transfer to another appropriate grade level public school operated by the school district, including a public charter school.
- (b) Within 30 working days of receiving the notice under sub. (1), complete the transfer for those pupils who accept the offer under par. (a).
- (c) Within 30 working days of receiving the notice under sub. (1), submit a corrective action plan to the department. Corrective action activities may include, but are not limited to, any of the following:
- Providing additional personnel to supervise children.
- Providing conflict resolution instructional programs.
- Collaborating with local law enforcement agencies.