State law encourages districts to utilize environmentally-safe chemicals and to reduce chemical exposure in schools.
Wisconsin Statutes 94.715 Pest management for schools.
(1) Definitions. In this section:
- (e) “Pesticide” has the meaning given in s. 94.67 (25), except that “pesticide” does not include a germicide, sanitizer, or disinfectant.
(2) Requirements for school boards. A school board shall do all of the following:
- (dm) Authorize pesticide application in a school or on school grounds to be conducted only by persons who are certified in the applicable pesticide use categories under s. 94.705.
- (g) Post notice of each pesticide application in a school or on school grounds at the time of the application and for at least 72 hours following the application.