State law addresses procedures for communicating or disseminating anti-bullying policies to students, parents, and school personnel.
Washington Administrative Code 392-405-020 School district rules defining harassment, intimidation and bullying prevention policies and procedures -- Distribution of rules.
(1) A school district's harassment, intimidation and bullying policy and procedure must be published and made available to all parents or guardians, students, employees, and volunteers on an annual basis.
(2) A school district must publish, at a minimum, the following materials:
- (a) The district's policy and procedure;
- (b) A harassment, intimidation, and bullying incident reporting form; and
- (c) Current contact information for the district's harassment, intimidation and bullying compliance officer.
(3) If a school district does not distribute the policy and procedure to all parents or guardians, students, employees, and volunteers, the district must provide notice that describes the contents of the policy and procedure and specifies the person(s) to contact for a copy. The notice must be provided to students and parents on an annual basis in a manner reasonably calculated to come to their attention.