State law addresses procedures for communicating or disseminating anti-bullying policies to students, parents, and school personnel.
Utah Administrative Code R277-613-4. LEA Responsibility to Create or Update Bullying Policies.
(1) In addition to the requirements of Subsection 53G-9-605(3), an LEA shall:
(a) develop, update, and implement policies as required by Section 53G-9-605 and this rule, which shall include a prohibition on:
(iv) retaliation; and
(v) making a false report;
(b) post a copy of the LEA's policy on the LEA website;
Utah Code 53G-9-605. Bullying, cyber-bullying, hazing, abusive conduct, and retaliation policy.
(4) A copy of a policy shall be:
- (a) included in student conduct handbooks;
- (b) included in employee handbooks; and
- (c) provided to a parent of a student enrolled in the charter school or school district.