Maryland - Engagement of Parents of English Language Learners: Program requirements
2017 Code of Maryland 13A.05.07.03 Programs for English Learners.
A. Each local school system shall establish an English language development program for those students who have been identified as ELs by means of a home language survey as well as the State-approved English language proficiency placement assessment.
B. The English language development programs shall contain the following components:
- (1) Goals;
- (2) Student identification;
- (3) Student placement;
- (4) Curriculum and instruction;
- (5) Certified English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) teachers;
- (6) Materials of instruction;
- (7) Facilities;
- (8) Program delivery models;
- (9) Parent and community involvement;
- (10) Support services;
- (11) Exit criteria; and
- (12) Program evaluation.