State law addresses mental and emotional health.
Oklahoma Administrative Code 210:15-3-143.1 Standard One: Comprehending Concepts in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
(e) Standard One objectives for Grades 9-12. The following objectives apply for students in Grade 9 through Grade 12:
- (1) Objective 1. Predict how healthy behaviors can affect health status.
- (2) Objective 2. Describe the interrelationships of emotional, intellectual, physical, and social health.
- (3) Objective 3. Analyze how environment and personal health are interrelated.
- (4) Objective 4. Analyze how genetics and family history can impact personal health.
- (5) Objective 5. Propose ways to reduce or prevent injuries and health problems.
- (6) Objective 6. Analyze the relationship between access to health care and health status.
- (7) Objective 7. Compare and contrast the benefits of and barriers to practicing a variety of healthy behaviors.
- (8) Objective 8. Analyze personal susceptibility to injury, illness or death if engaging in unhealthy behaviors.
- (9) Objective 9. Analyze the potential severity of injury or illness if engaging in unhealthy behaviors.
Priority Academic Student Skills HEALTH/SAFETY EDUCATION
Mental and emotional health is taught as part of health education.