State law addresses safety and injury.
Arkansas Code 6-16-143. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation instruction
(a) Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, a public school student in grades nine through twelve (9-12) shall be trained in quality psychomotor skill bases in cardiopulmonary resuscitation before the student graduates from high school.
Arkansas Health & Safety and Physical Education Standard
The Arkansas Health & Safety and Physical Education Standard provide opportunities for students to demonstrate competency in the following domains: Arkansas Health & Safety
- Human Growth and Development
- Healthy Skills and Relationships
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Personal Health and Safety
- Disease Prevention and Control
- Mental and Emotional Health