State law addresses vaccinations.
Montana Code Annotated 20-5-403. Immunization required -- release and acceptance of immunization records.
(1) The governing authority of any school other than a postsecondary school may not allow a person to attend as apupil unless the person:
- (a) has been immunized against varicella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, poliomyelitis, rubella, mumps, and measles (rubeola) in the manner and with immunizing agents approved by the department;
- (b) has been immunized against Haemophilus influenza type “b” before enrolling in a preschool if under 5 yearsof age;
- (c) qualifies for conditional attendance; or
- (d) files for an exemption.
School Immunization Resources
This page provides information and resources on immunization rules and laws in Montana, including certification and exemption forms.